[kansaipm] Request for permission to redistribute ActivePerl

mishima at momo.so-net.ne.jp mishima at momo.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Nov 24 10:10:52 CST 2002

Dear Sir or Madam

I am a member of Kansai Perl Mongers, which is one of Perl Mongers
groups <http://www.pm.org/>, located in Japan.

In coming December 6th-7th, we will have a booth in an event named
KANSAI OPEN SOURCE+FREEWARE 2002 <http://of.good-day.net/>.  We are
planning to make and distribute about 100 copies of a CD, which
contains Perl-related contents including ActivePerl.  I would like to
ask for permission.

We have had permission to redistribute ActivePerl before, for our 1st
and 2nd anniversary.  Thank you again for that.  This time, there are
some points different from the last two cases.  Please notice 3 points
below:

1. We are joining an event which another organization will hold.
   Those who will get copies may not our members.

2. We will accept money for cost of creating CD (of course not for
   profit).  100 yen per CD is most probable.

3. Current version is 5.8 Beta 1, isn't it?  We would like to try to
   get the latest version just before we make copies of CD.  So I am
   afraid we cannot specify the version we will use, in advance.

Abstracts of related mails are attached below for reference.
I am looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Masahiro

From: "Jeff Omstead" <JeffO at ActiveState.com> Subject: RE: Request for
approval of redistribution Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:28:41 -0700