let's meet

Mike Slack mslack at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 7 19:03:50 CDT 1999

Hey everyone,

I know it's been slow here lately, but now that Labor Day is past us
and traveling has settled down, I am looking to set up the first
meeting.  Right now the group is pretty small, but we can still take
advantage of each others' expertise.  Some time back, Jamie had
suggested meeting at Boogie's, where, in the near future we may
actually be able to try out some Perl and get food and drink at the
same time.  I would be willing to go along with that.  I am looking
for a good regular meeting time.  My personal preference would be
Monday nights, maybe 2 times per month (like the 1st & 3rd Monday each
month).  If there is a demand, we could increase the number of
meetings.  We could also have some meetings be principally social
(dinner, discussions), and some have another purpose (learning more
Perl).  In any case, I am open to suggestions before setting up the
first meeting.  What say you?

Mike
--
Michael Slack
mslack at ameritech.net

"If we knew what it was we were doing,
it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein