[Jakarta-pm] Perl Mongers

Derek Curtis djcurtis at summersetsoftware.com
Sat Sep 14 05:35:29 PDT 2013

Hi All,

My name is Derek Curtis.  I'm a Perl developer that relocated to Jakarta a
few months ago from the US.

When I looked up the local Perl Mongers group, I was happy to see that one
existed in Jakarta, but unfortunately it looks like it's been dead for
several years.  I've taken over the mailing list and had the group
reactivated on pm.org.  I see there are a little more than 70 people
subscribed to this mailing list, so first off, I just wanted to get a sort
of head count and figure out how many of you are still receiving these
e-mails.

Second, I wanted to find out how many of you would be interested in a
meet-up sometime in the near future.  We could go for anything as wide-open
as a simple developer's social meet-up or, to start things off, I would be
happy to do a kind of casual tech talk about my knowledge of some of the
modules I've been making us of in my deployments like Moose, DBIx::Class or
Catalyst.  I'd like to hear any suggestions from anyone interested.  Even
if you're not still developing in Perl, but would be interested in a
meet-up, let me know!

​Last thing, I want apologize for up front as well, my Bahasa is still
terrible, so communication on here from me will be in English​.

​Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you!​

​erek​