[Jax.PM] Decode URL

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Sat Jun 7 15:10:06 CDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 03:48:50PM -0400, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:
> [a jax.PM member posting]
> Hi Jax.PM =)
>
> I have a bit of a decoding issue for you:
>
> This URL:
>
> http://click.lycos.com/director.asp?id=&target=http://
> k8u7sdfjghgdfguygh9ojdfghghdfgygjhdfgyghjdfgyughjdfguyghjdfguyghd9o8iu7f
> gyugjhdfguygdjkhfguygdkfghdfgyhjdfgyugjhdfg at telmxrouleptycimuakbof.cc/
> poiuytrewqlkjhgfdsa/
> ?lksjdfpoiertkjhfdgiuhjdfgjhkdfguhkjdfguihrthbdfgbvkjhdfgugrehkdfgugerty
> gdfgiurthgdfgiugkhdfgy
>
> I would like to decode this portion:
>
> k8u7sdfjghgdfguygh9ojdfghghdfgygjhdfgyghjdfgyughjdfguyghjdfguyghd9o8iu7f
> gyugjhdfguygdjkhfguygdkfghdfgyhjdfgyugjhdfg at telmxrouleptycimuakbof.cc

OMG, what a small net. I've been going through hell trying to get the
political issues solved to fix the click redirector. That's simple
administrator-written perl (maybe 30 lines) running on apache mod_asp,
serving millions of hits/day for redirecting and logging clicks on
search results. Perl rulez.

Damn spammers have been taking advantage of it for a while, but lately
have been going nuts.

Anyways, I think it'll be locked down this week finally.
--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net