[Jax.PM] ADMIN POST (ii)

WC Jones sx at insecurity.org
Sat Jul 5 17:42:11 CDT 2003

Hey All =)

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th and are still recovering from the collateral
damage brought about by major partying.  =)

The Mailman Listserv software was upgraded - yes some of us never get a break -
and I need you all to attend to basic client list admin issues -- see:

and correct/change any member options - some may be new and unset and some may
be outdated and need correcting.

Also, I lost two members this week because of invalid e-mail addresses.  I
didn't know that their addresses were invalid UNTIL after the software upgrade
(one of the new features of this upgrade is notification of Automatically
Unsubscribed members because of excessive bounces.)

At anyrate we are now 7 strong (10 if you count me and Nate -- for some reason
he is signed up twice for TWO two Two times the fun :)

We really must try to recruit as many people as possible - that will help
distribute the beer costs greatly.  OK -- that recruitment directive only
applies to those in and around the actual Jacksonville area...

The next unofficial Jax.PM meeting will held (as it has been in the past) at
Riggsy's Billards hall - located in the shopping plaza near Winn Dixie off
Baymeadows (I think it is Winn Dixie -- I know it is a grocery store but never
paid it much attention.)  There is no room for computers nor is there even an
electrical outlet for one (if you are not prepared to discuss Perl, programming,
and the state of technology off the top of your head -- then we can skip that
part of the meeting.)  I will be either there or Six Pockets (off Beach Blvd) as
often as I can -- which is usually Wednesdays (around 8-ish) or any other day I
can get out.  If you want to meet me at either or some place else - please post
it.  I had thought we were discussing meeting 'officially' but that has
apparently died.  Lets start the meeting discussion up again please :)

Otherwise I am heading back into hibernation...

Thx/Sx =)