[Jax.PM] ADMIN POST

WC Jones sx at insecurity.org
Wed Jul 2 13:49:49 CDT 2003

[Jax.PM Admin]

Afternnoon all  =)

If your ISP or corporate mail server has "strict" content filters - then please
try NOT to use your company or employer's e-mail system to receive these.

Sometimes mail admins go overboard with big brother content filtering.

So after a few "mail admin" warnings - I thought it best to pass on a warning as
well:  If I get a bunch of "BANNED Content" errors from your company server I
will remove you from the list.

I am usually a "very easy to get along with" guy but I dont want to deal with
"strict" company filtering policies -- people should be allowed to police after
themselves.

The reason for the removal is NOT to punish or otherwise harrass you - but
simply to remove the Jax.PM List as a "fall guy" for any SPAM your company may
receive that has invalid headers which try to implicate the Jacksonville Perl
Mongers as the source of such mailings.

I had orignally though the admin warnings were because a member posted

begin 644 bw.txt.uu
G"E1H92!P87-S<&AR87-E(&ES. at I"965R(%=H;W)E<PH*"BU3>"T*

end

But I have discovered that is not the reason.  So, should anyone get mailings
that "look" like they are from the Jax.PM listserv but are not about Perl, Unix,
and the defeat of the Microsoft Empire -- then please save the headers and
forward to me.

Thx/Sx  =)