[Jax.PM] meeting

Jason Proctor jproctor at persons.marlboro.edu
Tue Jul 1 16:40:49 CDT 2003

> 1000 Miles????  and I was grumbling about driving 80 or so miles from
> Ormond Beach to Jax....  My hat's off to ya!  My guess is you were
> transferred, right?

In a manner of speaking.  I grew up in Jax, and stayed there until my
girlfriend (now wife) finished college.  Then we moved to her "home area",
Western Massachusetts, because we could live here cheap (mom's basement)
while we found jobs in what was, at the time, a better market than Jax.
(Now they're about equally sucky, of course.)

Stupid me, of course, rode out the tech boom in a fixed-salary state job.
And my wife ended up working for the local PBS station.  So we didn't
exactly rake in the dough anyway, but we're at least paying the bills.