[JaxPM] YAPC?

Steve Lane sml at zfx.com
Mon Jun 11 15:31:45 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com> wrote -

j proctor wrote:

> On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -
>
> > not i, but i'm curious... have you picked out which talks
> > you're going to?
>
> Of course not.  It'll change before Wednesday anyway.  Last year, it
> changed after Wednesday, too.

oh, blooblah.  here's what would be circled on my schedule
if i were going:

I: Wall, Secret, and then hell, all of the afternoons look
excellent.  i've probably heard Dominus before though,
and i don't know if Abigail is as entertaining with datastrs
as he is with obfuscation, so i'd probably try out the
Super-Hot Inline.pm.

II: Torkington is an easy call.  maybe a break to catch the
C/Java rubbish with Ingerson.  Schwern is probably fun until
he loses control of the audience, just in time for Abigail's
JAPHi, which was my favorite talk of YAPC 19100.  then join
the Cult Of Conway.

III. Dominus' Identity Function is a must-see if you haven't before.
then take a nap or go throw vegetables at the php person
until Torkington.  then either the Lightnings (weren't nearly
as cool as i hoped last year) or Brocard or maybe more Schwern.
Perl 6 is the only cool-looking thing after that.  then yee-haw,
more Conway.

damn, i'm highly jealous.  the talks look even better than
last years'.  hopefully they'll be online.  damn damn damn
i shoulda tried harder to go. :(  if Orwant and Ashton were
presenting, i would probably go anyway and ask permission later.
--
Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com>