[JaxPM] RE: Newsletter #1 from O'Reilly UG Program

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Mon Jul 2 09:13:08 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

>  Yes, filtering is a good thing - especially on OUT-GOING mail (one day I
> promise to take spelling and grammer classes again!)

Good thing.  Then you'd notice "grammar".  :)

> I should have said it's turning into Superstrings and Hadrons  :)   After
> studying Apache/Tomcat/Perl/Mod_Perl I feel like someone hit me with 10x21eV

Tomcat is evil.  I've got it going (with mod_perl *and* mod_php) on one of
my machines.  For some reason, that particular instance of httpd is uh...
less than stable.

210 eV?  Doesn't sound like very much.  10^21 eV (= 160 J)?  Maybe you
meant 1.21 GW?

> If you start YAPM group you must recieve 50 lashes with the strings of
> interpolation for being so stew-pid and acting the way a Dee-Dee would in
> such a situ-ation  :)

Well, the list has existed for a couple years now, and there's only ever
been one message on it.  And it was from me.  I know from talking to the
local LUG and others who have to drive to Hartford or Boston to be
sociable in Perl that there's some interest, but the person who's running
it isn't very good about answering emails and such.

> (I've got to stop watching Dexter's Laboratory...)

Don't push the button!