[JaxPM] Netware and Perl

Jeff Keith jeff at keithdesign.com
Thu Aug 23 09:52:31 CDT 2001

Hello,

I am used to working with Perl with servers running Linux and Apache.

At the job I hold now they have the web server running Novell Netware as the OS and Netscape Enterprise server as the webserver.  We also have the Novell Perl distribution installed and it seems to be working fine.

My problem is that because of the underlying OS, Perl operates a little differently and doesn't support some functions.  Couple that with the fact that the majority of free scripts and tutorials on the web for Perl are geared toward a Unix/Linux OS running Apache and you see where things can get troublesome.

QUESTION:  Is there anyone here that has experience writing/running/porting Perl scripts to a box running Novell Netware and Netscape Enterprise?

Thanks for all replies,
Jeff Keith
Jacksonville, Florida
(904) 394-7275