[JaxPM] List Members

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Wed Aug 8 22:33:04 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> PS - Your last msg J (about the x86 ASM decoder) showed up as a
> bounce, not a posting.  I suspect the mailer at hfb is hacking a
> hairball again :(

Elaine doesn't run it any more; I can't go over to Boston and beat up on
her for you.  Did you look for a disassembler?

It occurred to me after I sent the message that 16-bit words sound nice,
but WinNT and Win2k are supposed to be using 32 bits.  Aren't they?  So
you may need to chop four or five chunks before what's left makes any
sense.

Either way, there's obviously not enough code there to do anywhere near as
much as Code Red does, so it's got to be something that just opens a
security hole for a follow-up request to actually start transferring the
rest of the executable stuff.