[JaxPM] Re: May meeting

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Mon Apr 30 09:10:04 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

>  As far as location, Hooters is straight
> out in my book, but I'm willing to go to a "sports"
> bar. Many PMs meet in a library or some sort of conference
> room, which allows them to plug in laptops, give speeches,
> etc. Not that we are anywhere near that far yet! Just
> a thought.

Hartford's first meeting was in a local restaurant, of roughly the same
ilk as a Bennigan's; most of their meetings since have been in the
conference room at someone's office.  Albany and Hudson Valley almost
always meet at a regional chain restaurant for which I can think of no
analog in Jax (same class of food/prices as Bennigan's, etc., but
calmer atmosphere; much quieter than a sports bar).

New York almost always meets in a bar.  Boston does when it's a "social"
meeting, and then they have separate tech meetings in an office conference
room.

I'm even less likely to be there June 2 than I am May 26 (that's a class
weekend), so it doesn't really matter to me.  I may be down that way in
October.  But no promises.