[JaxPM] Re: Perl Question

Bill Jones bill at fccj.org
Fri Jul 21 11:03:40 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Bill Jones <bill at fccj.org> wrote -

Well, since this is a completely new course - no one can decide on what the
description is 'officially' supposed to say...

It will cover both NT4/IIS5 and Unix (RH6.2)/Apache 1.3.12 -
some discussion about building servers, etc.

It will cover Apache configuration in painful detail :)
It will generally cover:
* ISP,ASP, WPP;
* HW/SW requirements for getting a Web Server up;
* TCP/IP
* FTP, E-MAil, WWW, ListServ, and Usenet
* WINS, DHCP, and DNS;
* Web Server management
* installing/configuration of NT/IIS and RH/Apache (easy :)
* Web Security, Authentication, Virtual Hosting, SSI, and CGI/PHP stuff
* Actions, handlers, and Types
* Performance issues
* Perl in CGI, and Perl in mod_perl
* Mirroring WWW sites
* SSL for Apache

16 nights, 3 contact/lecture hours per night; 16 hours of in-class lab with
extensive homework assignments.

HTH;
- FCCJ * 501 W State St * Jacksonville, Fl 32202 * 904/632-3089 -