[JaxPM] yapc next year?

Bill Jones bill at fccj.org
Tue Jul 11 07:54:28 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Bill Jones <bill at fccj.org> wrote -

Thanks for the update J  :]

I don't know about UNF, but I am interested in getting one of the YAPC here;
at least in the Florida area.

Maybe we could get it co-hosted by the various Florida PM groups?  As there
are only 16-ish or so members on this list I am not sure how many of them
are truly local to Jax or at least Florida and what their Perl status is:

Novice, ..., Adept, ..., thru Godlike (been playing Unreal way too much here
lately...)  :)

I was thinking about possibly enhancing Perl conferences with Perl-related
Open Source technologies as well.  I attended and spoke (and complete
failure) at the March ApacheCon 2k conference.  There were many people happy
about the various offerings; but many were upset at the apparent lack of
meetings directly relating to Apache.  I personally feel that Apache is made
so much better by these other ISD enhancements, etc.  I also strongly feel
that Perl also benefits tremendously from various modules written by ISDs (I
mean - is Larry supposed to write everything?)

The three main conferences on Perl appear to be Alaskan, SF, Cal, and
northern-ish located -- how about creating a southern-ish (not Southern
charm, however) conference targeting the Jacksonville, Alatanta, or Orlando
areas (all three have major airports for people arriving from all over.)

Everyone join and post this (with their additional/or more thoughts) to all
the Florida PM groups :)

-Sneex-  :]
- FCCJ * 501 W State St * Jacksonville, Fl 32202 * 904/632-3089 -