[JaxPM] Struggling

CGR Online cgronline at jaxcan.org
Tue Dec 5 20:53:55 CST 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er CGR Online <cgronline at jaxcan.org> wrote -

Here is what I'm mainly struggling w/ right now.  I'm trying to use perl
to creat a directory with 777 permissions (read/write/execute for all) and
within that directory an empty file with the same permissions.  I've
managed to get a direcory with 776 permission but the file has almost no
permissions what so ever.  Here is my sniplet code

use FileHandle;

$fh = new FileHandle "> datafile";
$mode = 0777; chmod $mode, 'datafile';

---