HELLO? [Was Re: Weekly Perl Script]

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Wed Jun 9 07:34:59 CDT 1999

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> Jacksonville is a big city, all spread out.  No reason not
> to extend our reach further into other states ;)

Well, it's already known as the largest city in south Georgia. :)

A friend of mine once asserted that the community of Switzerland, in St.
Johns country just south of Mandarin & Fruit Cove, was proof that
Jacksonville would annex anything in its quest for global domination.

I figure I'm safe for a while.  The prominent political figure in western
Mass is "Mayor Mike" Albano of Springfield, and he won't do *anything*
that will undermine his authority.  It wouldn't be quite so creepy if he
didn't look and sound like Mayor Quimby (also Springfield) on the
Simpsons.  Besides, he and John Delaney would probably both explode if
they got within 10 feet of each other (something about matter and anti-
matter).  Then again, some people would say that's not necessarily a bad
thing to happen to either of them.  Hrm.

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),