[pm-h] Fw: February Houston.pm Meeting

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Jan 28 06:21:43 PST 2017

And, once again, Wade fails at email by not replying to the list.
<hang-head state="shame"/>

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 07:34:57 -0600
From: "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej at anomaly.org>
To: Robert Stone <drzigman at drzigman.com>
Subject: Re: [pm-h] February Houston.pm Meeting

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:55:53 -0600
Robert Stone <drzigman at drzigman.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been doing some work with the Zodiac Killer's Z408 Cipher (I'm
> tons of fun at cocktail parties!) which is a Homophonic Substitution
> Cipher. Namely, creating a new Crypt::Z408 module and experimenting
> with a way to brute force generic Homophonic Substitution Ciphers
> which may or may not bear fruit.

So, we have a volunteer and a couple of agreements. If no one wants to
jump in and challenge, I'd say we have a topic.

Be thinking about your topics for next month. The March meeting is
coming fast.

G. Wade

> If there is any interest I'd be happy to put together a presentation
> on the history of and mechanics of the Z408 cipher followed by either
> a demonstration/exploration of how I've cracked it (*extremely*
> wishful thinking) or at least an open forum on new methods to try if
> I am unable to come up with a multi purpose solution.
>
> Alternatively, if there are special requests for a topic I'm always
> open to new ideas.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert Stone
>
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM, G. Wade Johnson via Houston <
> houston at pm.org> wrote:
>
> > Our next regularly scheduled Houston.pm meeting is February 9 at
> > Hostgator. So, that means we need a topic and/or a volunteer to
> > present.
> >
> > Any takers? Any requests?
> >
> > G. Wade
> > --
> > If there's no solution, there's no problem.        -- Rick Hoselton

A 'language' is a dialect with an army.

--
Make no decision out of fear.                     -- Bruce Sterling