[pm-h] Pairing opportunities

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Mon May 9 21:37:53 PDT 2016

> At my current position, I've had an opportunity to do a lot of remote
> pair programming. This has actually worked much better than I would
> have expected.
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some form of remote
> pairing arrangement that we could use among the group?
>

> - Maybe people could request someone who is free to pair.
> - Maybe some of us could set times/days we would be available to pair.
>
> The idea would be a short/(relatively) intense session that would get a
> second set of eyes on code you are working on, also a bit of code
> review.
>
> It would not be as much of a commitment as a regular class, but it
> might be a way to get help from someone with different experience.
>
> What do you guys think?

Aside from the [often valuable] rubber-duckey effect, getting feedback
falls into the more eyes/heads/brains approach. That's why teamwork
and consulting are useful when they are done right.

If anyone wanted to try it I'd be up for an attempt. Any help not
walking into the brick wall that I'm not banging my head againsd
would be a Good Thing.

--
Steven Lembark                                             3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                   St Louis, MO 63110