[pm-h] Linux Distribution Selection

David Ibarra dtibarra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:31:48 PST 2016

I would say Fedora, it's what I use, and matured in the past 2 years or so.
You can do in place system upgrades, and seems a lot more work has been put
into stability than in the past.

However,

Expensive graphics card probably means you will want to use the closed
source drivers. I recommend Ubuntu or some derivative. It handles the
closed source drivers way better (Fedora always seems to break on each
kernel upgrade, dkms seens to cause major breakage only on version
upgrades) and you also get the benefit of Steam available in your repos if
that's what you are into.