[pm-h] Job Posting - BrainStorm Incubator - Junior Perl Developer

Robert Stone drzigman at drzigman.com
Fri Aug 12 16:35:09 PDT 2016

Greetings,

For those of you not currently seeking employment, my apologies.  Please
feel free to disregard this message.

Still reading?  Great!  I am looking for a Junior Perl Developer to join my
team.  If you are new to Perl or new to Software Development in general
this could be an excellent opportunity for you to get your feet wet, work
one on one with a Senior Developer, make some money, and work on some very
interesting and exciting problems as you jump start your career!

BrainStorm Incubator is a small technology based start up that is full of
great ideas but short on talent in order to turn those ideas into a
reality.  The technology stack we work with includes:

   - Perl! (duh)
      - Moose
      - DBIx
      - Dancer
      - Mojolicious
   - MySQL
   - Websockets
   - SASS
   - Javascript
      - Backbone
      - StickIt
      - Bootstrap
      - Underscore
   - Amazon Web Services
      - Auto Scaling Groups
      - S3
      - EC2

If any of that doesn't sound familiar don't worry, I am happy to train and
help you build up your Perl Chops as we work towards global domination
together.  Mwwwwhahahaha!

This is a full time position with all the benefits you've come to know and
love ( vacation, retirement, health care ) as well company provided
hardware and office space.  Sadly, this is not a remote position so you'll
need to be local in the Houston area.

Responsibilities for the position include:

   - Attending Perl Mongers Meetings!
   - Implement Database Schemas, Models, and APIs from UML diagrams.
      - This is the part that can be great for a junior developer.  You'll
      get a lot of code reviews to help you learn and grow as well as
getting to
      know a range of different technologies.
      - Learn by doing!
   - Creating test coverage for new code
      - Test Driven Development can be quite powerful and allows you to
      take full advantage of the incredibly advanced testing framework Perl
      affords us.
   - Documentation
   - Contributing to Open Source Projects
   - Using git for Version Control

For the right person this could be an excellent opportunity and I invite
you to send me a resume and a code sample if you have one.  I'm also happy
to discuss in further detail the sort of work you would be doing,
compensation, and the projects that I have lined up for anyone interested.

Please reply directly to me at robert.stone at brainstormincubator.com and I
look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to reach out and thank you for taking
the time to consider this position.  I'll see everyone at our next meeting.

Best Regards,
Robert Stone