[pm-h] Houston Perl Meetup

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Mar 26 06:10:35 PDT 2015

About 5 and a half years ago, I decided to try to use Meetup.com to
help promote the Houston.pm meetings.

Although we have 122 members in the Meetup, only a small fraction of
those have been to any meetings in the last year. Some of those are on
the mailing list as well.

Meetup.com has decided to raise their prices and I can't see that we
are getting enough value today for the old price, much less the new one.

So, this week I am going to cancel the Houston Perl Meetup. The
Houston.pm meetings will still continue as before. The announcements
and discussion will continue on the mailing list and the Google+ page.

G. Wade Johnson
--
"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated
rate."                            -- Ivanova, "Points of Departure"