[pm-h] Looking for PSGI web server Daemon

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 15:09:51 PDT 2015

Let me recommend you read over the DEPLOYMENT section of this cookbook:
http://mojolicio.us/perldoc/Mojolicious/Guides/Cookbook

I also have been enjoying my experiments with Mojolicious.

     On Friday, June 26, 2015 3:52 PM, Michael R. Davis via Houston <houston at pm.org> wrote:

 Perl Folks,
I just want to keep you in the loop on my PSGI experimentation. So, I think I've settled on Fast CGI under Apache.  For me it's best as I can simply reuse our APR authentication session layer and not have to worry about authentication in the application layer. So, I did examples connecting to our databases in Plack, Dancer, Catalyst, and Mojolicious::Lite.  I like Mojolicious::Lite the best so far as it is designed the way I "think".  I like Dancer but its not RPMs friendly so, it's just too much to build all of the RPMs to get to a deployment ready solution. Mojolicious is RPM ready, however, deployment with Mojolicious::Lite is biting me as I have not figured out how to add a prefix yet.  Development with Starman URLs are like /this/:id but under Apache Fast CGI they are /path/this/:id.   I use DBIx::Array::Connect for all of our databases (100s of them) and Mojolicious::Lite will let me just do it without hassle. So, issues that I'm still facing: Mojolicious::Lite  - Deployment path is different than development path and I need to figure out how to handle that.  - How to handle database stale connections and connection timeouts (I assume that I'll have to move to DBIx::Connection wrappers for all database connections.)  - die() sends HTML I need it to send JSON... There has got to be an easy way. PSGI/FCGI is very interesting with a *lot* of performance advantages over CGI.  Persistent memory (e.g. database connections) is the hardest part to get used to.Thanks,Mike mrdvt92