[pm-h] modulemaker alternatives?

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 08:10:27 PDT 2015

Recent MakeMakers generate META.yaml and META.json FWIW.
See the "make distmeta" rule in the output Makefile.

     On Monday, June 22, 2015 10:01 AM, B. Estrade via Houston <houston at pm.org> wrote:

 I tend to use the old h2xs style, but the major drawback is that it doesn't generate a META.yaml (even a bare one)l for you; and that is pretty important these days.  I have found the Dist::Zilla does this.
META.yaml is important for metacpan and for efforts like the "Pull Request Challenge," which requires a META.yaml to be present in your GitHub repo in order for it to be considered for assignment.
Brett