[pm-h] modulemaker alternatives?

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 06:29:09 PDT 2015

Perl Folks,What tool are people using to build package structures in 2015?  A Google on Perl Monks did not bring up anything "modern". I've been using /usr/bin/modulemaker on EL5 for years.  Now it does not appear that it is part of the EL6 repos in 2015. [el5] $ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/bin/modulemaker
perl-ExtUtils-ModuleMaker-0.51-1.fc12.noarch [el6]$ sudo yum install perl-ExtUtils-ModuleMaker
No package perl-ExtUtils-ModuleMaker available. $ sudo yum install /usr/bin/modulemaker
No package /usr/bin/modulemaker available. Ideally a modern module maker would have a Moo/Moose/Mouse choice.  Install normal tests like pod coverage, changes, kwalitee, pod spell. Any best practices from the group?  For today, I made one on EL5 and committed to repo to develop on EL6.Thanks,Mike