[pm-h] Looking for PSGI web server Daemon

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 20:57:20 PDT 2015

John, > Is there some advantage in using a Perl PSGI daemon rather than a more
standard combination of Apache+ModPerl+PSGI. I've read tons of documentation but had never seen a "recommendation" or a "standard" deployment.  After your email, I dove in with Google and found Catalyst actually recommends FastCGI. Dancer2 - Apache with PerlHandler Plack::Handler::Apache2 is third on the listPlack - The only examples I've ever seen all use plackup"Catalyst applications are most often deployed as a FastCGI or mod_perl application (with FastCGI being the recommended option)." I think with PSGI there may be too many ways to do it. I've been using Apache/CGI with a custom MVC for 9 years.  But, we have out grown it.  So, I'm looking for a technology that might actually last another 7 years.  I guess there is not much risk as we could redeploy on a different stack and not have to change much as the PSGI standard is here to stay. I will definitely look into Apache/mod_perl/PSGI as Apache is a low risk ticket around here.  I'll have to see if we can reuse our CGI-based APR authentication system under mod_perl.   Now on to fighting with database pooling and min/max connection time requirements. Thanks to all and I hope this thread helps others out there too.Mike mrdvt92