[pm-h] Fw: New messages from Debra Benkler

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Jan 30 08:16:23 PST 2015

I got a message through Meetup that might be of interest to some of you.

Begin forwarded message:

My name is Deb Benkler and I'm writing to you because I'm involved with
a very cool Kinect for Windows Hackathon that's going to take place in
Austin on Feb. 21-22. I need to spread the word and I was hoping that
you could help me do that through your Houston Perl  Meetup. The
Hackathon is an extension of our NUI Central Meetup - Austin. This is
the link to the Hackathon: http://bit.ly/NUICenhackK4WAu

Here's the blurb about our event:

    You can't miss this awesome opportunity to hack the Kinect for
    Windows v2 and win prizes at the NUI Central Kinect for Windows
    Hackathon - Austin 2015! Build amazing projects that use gesture,
    body tracking, voice, and more. Games, business applications,
    robotics, usability software... whatever you can dream up.

    If you're a Developer, UI Designer, Interaction Architect, UX
    Designer, Enthusiast, experienced, or a newbie, this is your chance
    to join our incredible 24 hour hackathon and team up with or
    compete against a bunch of talented hackers at the first official
    K4W hackathon in TX of 2015.

    Plus... the MS Kinect for Windows team from Redmond WA will be on
    site to provide tech support and to check-out what you can do!

    If you never worked with a Kinect or don't own one, don't worry.
    Microsoft will be providing training, support, loaner Kinect's, and
    loaner Surface Pro 3's.

    All participants receive a T-shirt, tasty catered meals, a bit of
    swag, and a cool opportunity to learn, make new friends, and share
    good times in Austin.

    Seats are limited - register today! http://bit.ly/NUICenhackK4WAu

Thank you in advance. If you have any questions, please message me.

All the best,

Deb Benkler
co-founder, NUI Central (January 30, 2015 8:33 AM)