[pm-h] Comment on Meetings

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Jan 9 16:39:49 PST 2015

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:56:42 -0600
Chris Blanc via Houston <houston at pm.org> wrote:

> Are these talks being archived somewhere? Seems like a good resource.

We haven't been very consistent in the past. I plan to add a link to
this one to the web site when I'm finished (I'm putting in too much
work not to).

G. Wade

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Jim Bacon via Houston
> <houston at pm.org> wrote:
> > Hi Wade,
> >
> > I was unable to view the meeting last night, is there a video
> > somewhere I can watch?
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > On Jan 9, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Fraser Baker via Houston
> > <houston at pm.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Wade:
> >
> > I greatly appreciated your talk on “Best Practices Gone Bad”.
> >
> > The insight you gave into how large, (larger than one) organizations
> > approach software development was a eye opener for me. As the sole
> > proprietor of an ambitious project, I was pleased to learn that
> > intuitively I do follow some of the Best Practices you described,
> > but perhaps am guilty of some that have gone “BAD”.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks again for managing the Houston.pm group.
> >
> > Fraser Baker

The purpose of software engineering is to control complexity, not to
create it.                                              -- Dr. Pamela
Zave