[pm-h] Proposed Talk on "Solving WordBrain" - Gauging Interest

Robert Stone drzigman at drzigman.com
Sun Dec 27 11:35:03 PST 2015

Greetings,

A friend of mine is playing WordBrain (
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordbrain/id708600202?mt=8 ):

[image: Inline image 1]

While I'm not a big fan of word games, I do like computer science and I've
been working on a Solver for this game.  It's a fun exercise in Dijkstra
that really gives you both a breadth first and depth first appreciation of
the problem space.

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting together a talk regarding the solution I'm
working on, some background on solving these sorts of problems, and then
some time for discussion on how we could improve the efficiency of my
implementation.

I don't think I'll have it ready in time for January's meeting but if there
is interest February is certainly doable.  Sound like fun?

Best Regards,
Robert Stone