[pm-h] NeilB commentary on CPAN

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Sep 2 05:15:34 PDT 2014

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:57:36 -0700
"Michael R. Davis via Houston" <houston at pm.org> wrote:

> Perl Folks,
> old thread just now getting around to...
>
> > > I think if CPAN had a few features then it would be better.
> > that does exist on metacpan.
>
> I went through metacpan.org and fav'ed all of the distributions
> (unfortunately not package based) that I could remember should be on
> my list.  I'll try to keep it up at
> https://metacpan.org/author/MRDVT.  The one trick is to ensure that
> you are logged into your Pause account to link your fav's to your
> author page. I've not used metacpan.org much but might start using it
> over search.cpan.org.  The only things I don't like is that script
> documentation appears above module documentation and the favorites
> are by distribution instead of package. Thanks, Mike mrdvt92

Unlike search.cpan.org, the source for metacpan is available on github.
You can submit issues (or pull requests) and possibly get things you
don't like changed.

Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require hard work and
discipline to achieve and education to be appreciated.
                                                  -- Edsger Dijkstra