[pm-h] November Lightning talks

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Oct 31 09:14:34 PDT 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:00:14 -0500
Todd Rinaldo via Houston <houston at pm.org> wrote:

> I'm in the couple of ideas camp. I can talk about perlcc, log4perl, my
> latest rant: "UNIT TESTS! What are they?"
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM, G. Wade Johnson via Houston
> <houston at pm.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:21:04 +0000 (GMT)
> > Robert Stone <drzigman at drzigman.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I'd be happy to talk for a few minutes about the mysterious (just
> >> TRY to google it, I dare you!) $# sigil. :)
> >
> > That's now 4 (5 if I do one).

1 Zaki Mughal - Embedding R in Perl through the C API
  - This sounds a little long for a lightning talk
2 JD - no topic specified
3 Fraser Baker - Event monitor demo
4 Robert Stone - $# sigil
5 Wade Johnson - I have a couple of ideas, I'd pick one
6 Todd Rinaldo - one of several
7 ???

We can definitely do this, one or two more?

G. Wade

> > Only a couple more needed to get a reasonable set of lightning
> > talks.
> >
> > G. Wade
> >
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Robert Stone

Perl isn't really about safety. It's about getting where you're going,
and enjoying the trip. It's more important to be a good driver than to
have seven feet of sponge rubber all around your car.      -- Larry Wall