[pm-h] Power::Outlet

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 20:17:43 PST 2014

Perl Mongers, > or something fancier if you have a daytime/nighttime script> 0-59/10 * * * * is_nighttime && power-outlet iBoot ON  host mylamp> 5-59/10 * * * * is_daytime   && power-outlet iBoot OFF  host mylamp I'm finally putting plan to code and I ran into an issue that there does not appear to be a standard for the location of a system.  In order to calculate the sunset and sunrise for my is_nighttime/is_daytime scripts, I need to know the location of the host.  Please let me know if you know of any system location standards for something that I feel should be ubiquitous. For now, I'm planning to add a file to /etc/profiles.d to add this environment variable for the users on my server. my ($lon, $lat, $hae) = split(/\s/, $ENV{"LOCATION_COORDINATES_WGS84_LON_LAT_HAE"}||""); It might be nice to populate it from data stored in a /etc/local.coordinates file or something.  >From my perspective, knowing your location is as important as knowing your time zone (e.g. /etc/localtime) /etc/local.coordinates[main]version=1crs=wgs84latitude=38.896783longitude=-77.036509hae=30address=1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC Any comments?Thanks,Mike