[pm-h] Thursday's meeting

Mev412 mev412 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:45:21 PST 2014

Really enjoyed the lightning talks.

Some benefits I see,
-Wider variety of topics. Some topics may be difficult to stretch as a full
presentation, but just about ANYTHING can be talked about for 5 minutes.
-Wider variety of presenters. Some people may have difficulty putting
together a long presentation or simply do not have the time to. Lightning
talks require little to no preparation. It's also less daunting for an
inexperienced presenter. This opens the doors to new presenters where they
can build up experience.

I don't see an issue with 10 min. talks.

Info from my presentation

Code: https://github.com/despertargz/demo-tailrecursion
Slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ab6Z_ttUMwpobPgb1AZooco4w8TyoP2i0cmcvVDmI2Q/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=60000&slide=id.g4b6c40694_11