[pm-h] DBI and local AutoCommit and Control-C

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 14:36:37 PDT 2014

Perl Folks,
I have a script that sets

    local $dbh->{"AutoCommit"}=0; #DBD::Oracle

It did a few deletes then it got hung on a blocking session so I ctrl-C'd the program while it was inside the "local" variable scope.

The issue is that it appears that the script committed the deletes before the hung part instead of rolling them back.

I was NOT expecting the commit.  I was expecting a rollback.  Is that what I should have expected or is this a bug?

The only rationalization that I can see is that the ctrl-C leaves the local scope back to the main program which sets the value back to 1 and then commits.  That's still weak.

oracle-instantclient11.2-basic-11.2.0.2.0-1.x86_64
perl-DBD-Oracle-1.23.11.2-11.fc12.x86_64
perl-DBI-1.609-3.fc12.x86_64

Any insight?
Thanks,
Mike