[pm-h] Perl on Windows

John Ellyson jellyson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 00:17:41 PST 2014

Since someone is suggesting Win32::GUI, I'd recommend using TGL (The GUI
Loft) as a good companion tool for Win32::GUI.

However, there are two major drawbacks to TGL.  First, it is "outdated" and
doesn't 100% match with the current versions of Win32::GUI.  Second, I'm
not sure if the code generation functionality actually works.

What I usually do is to use the TGL as a way to quickly prototype the GUI
interface, which lets me very quickly figure out the location and sizes of
the GUI elements.  In my opinion, that's much faster and easier than to
trying to code, test, modify code, test, etc.

I guess another major drawback is actually finding TGL.  Since the original
sites seems to be down, it looks like you need to use the internet time
machine (aka The Wayback Machine - http://archive.org/web/) to get a copy.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111130150941/http://www.darserman.com/Perl/Loft/

John Ellyson