[pm-h] Interesting Blog Posts on Context & Array vs List

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 11:33:10 PST 2014

I pitched a book called Perl for Python Programmers[0] and it included an entire chapter about how important context is when understanding Perl.

So there's the *number* contexts: void, scalar, list
And there's the *type* contexts: number, string, references

Perl does its best to "Do What You Mean" but sometimes it gets confused and usually contexts don't matter... except when they do.

Would people really like a presentation about contexts in Perl?

[0] - The target audience was programmers who mostly worked in Python but had infrastructure components written in Perl they wanted to understand (and replace.) The company passed on publishing the book.