[pm-h] Coders wanted for pure-Perl company, Houston, $100K/yr

Damon Hastings damon at booktrolls.com
Mon Feb 17 22:18:26 PST 2014

Well, I guess it's time to throw my own hat into the ring.  ;-)

As some of you already know, I'm with BookTrolls, one of the largest booksellers selling through Amazon and eBay.  I am currently looking to hire Perl programmers for back-end coding under Linux, at roughly $100,000/yr.  This is no glue-scripting position; we use Perl at a deeper level than almost any other company.  Our entire software infrastructure is pure Perl, ranging from simple CGI scripts to enterprise-class custom servers built from the ground up (where ground == CPAN).  We are quickly building our software team as our business expands rapidly, and you'd be getting in on the ground floor.  Both our culture and development model are pretty informal.  Flexible hours.  We're not a software company, but our Perl code runs every aspect of the business.

I have the full job description on our website: http://booktrolls.com/dev.html
Or on jobs.perl.org: http://jobs.perl.org/job/18382 (and Dice, Monster, etc)

If this sounds like a position you might be interested in, just drop me a line.

Thanks!

Damon Hastings
CTO, BookTrolls, LLC
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/damon-hastings/5/630/309