[pm-h] Discussion about delimiters for m//

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 20:55:49 PST 2014

> "You write code as if the person who will maintain your code is a
> violent psychopath who knows where you live." -- John F. Woods
>
> Thinking about the person who will maintain your code is always a good
> thing.

Now that I been using Perl for almost 20 years.  I tend to be nice to myself and go back and update the variable names and I always use the m in a match and only ever use m// or m{}.

And, I am the crazy guy who maintains the code I once wrote and I know where I live.

The funny thing about Perl is that the code you write seems to stick around a lot longer than you would have imagined.
Mike

mrdvt92