[pm-h] Discussion about delimiters for m//

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Feb 15 14:10:14 PST 2014

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 14:17:30 -0600
Todd Rinaldo <todd at rinaldo.us> wrote:

> On Friday, February 14, 2014, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Weird. I can't think of a real use for it and using it in production
> > code is likely to get you beaten by whoever maintains your code.
> >
> > G.
> >

> I think Wade offered to beat anyone personally if they don't have a
> second maintainer handy.

<grin/>
I have a favorite quote that I've used with a large number of
developers I have trained:

"You write code as if the person who will maintain your code is a
violent psychopath who knows where you live." -- John F. Woods

Thinking about the person who will maintain your code is always a good
thing. (I know Wade-past wasn't very good about that, and I would love
to have a chat with him about it.)

There's no sense being exact about something if you don't even know what
you're talking about.                           -- John von Neumann