[pm-h] January Houston.pm Meeting

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:53:11 PST 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Robert Stone via Houston <houston at pm.org>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> "Best Practices Gone Bad" sounds awesome.  I'm certainly guilty of taking
> things to an extreme and this could be a very interesting topic.
>
> If you (or anyone else) is looking for a subject I'd love to see something
> on Try::Catch/Try::Tiny/etc and using a module like Class::MOP to generate
> your own exception classes dynamically.  I've been "throw-ing" myself for a
> solid introduction to non-eval based exception handling.

Not to spoil this topic, because it is a great one.

Exception::Class comes to mind for dynamic exception creation.  It offers
some nice convenience methods. The compelling feature for me is that it
lets you minimize the number of exceptions required ahead of time by
providing easy inheritance.

It's also my experience that while Try::Tiny offers some nice conveniences
over eval{}, there are some where eval{} is still nice to have around.

> Looking forward to the next meeting.

Me, too.

Brett