[pm-h] Perl rename bug?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Aug 18 13:30:39 PDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:03:46 -0700
"Michael R. Davis via Houston" <houston at pm.org> wrote:

> Perl Mongers,
> Is this a bug in rename?  I googled but did not find anything off the
> top.
> $ perl -e 'my @files=("x", "y"); rename(@files);'
> Not enough arguments for rename at -e line 1, near "@files)"
> Execution of -e aborted due to compilation errors.

It looks like rename has a prototype which makes it require two
scalars. Looking at the documentation for rename, it does not support a
list as a parameter, it only supports two names.

G. Wade

--
Perl isn't really about safety. It's about getting where you're going,
and enjoying the trip. It's more important to be a good driver than to