[pm-h] NeilB commentary on CPAN

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 03:45:53 PDT 2014

> http://neilb.org/2014/08/10/prepared-to-put-up-with.html
> Makes you think about a central part of the Perl ecosystem.

G. Wade,
I think if CPAN had a few features then it would be better.

1) I use this distribution please keep it updated.
2) Don't use this distribution use this newer, bigger, better package instead.

So, the packages with the most "use" could be filtered from the rest more easily.

Frankly, I've uploaded some packages and have no idea whatsoever if anyone is using them.  So, do they need to stay up on CPAN even though I no longer use them?

Thanks,
Mike