[pm-h] October meeting ideas

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Sep 23 18:44:53 PDT 2013

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:25:18 -0500
"G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej at anomaly.org> wrote:

> We're quickly approaching the October meeting and we need a idea for
> the meeting. Any opinions on the following ideas:
>
> 1. Perl help session
>    - This worked reasonably last time. Good for people newer to Perl.
>
> 2. "Graphics Programming in Perl"
>    - A request was made at the last meeting to find out if anyone was
>      qualified/interested to do a talk in this area.
>
> 3. Move meeting to 10/17 and get brian d foy to come in.
>    - brian is in Houston that week and would be willing to talk or do
> a social type event.
>
> 4. Perl and 3D Printing
>    - Some interest at September meeting
>
> 5. Social meeting.
>
> 6. Other?
>
> Chime in and let the group know what you are interested in.
> G. Wade

So, we seem to be getting some push for moving the meeting to a week
later to coincide with brian being in town. If you would like to do
something else, speak up.<grin/>

For those interested in option #3, do we want to go with

 3a. Technical presentation
 3b. Social meeting

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to
correct for subjective error.                      -- Linus Pauling