[pm-h] Houston.pm meeting this Thursday

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Sep 8 21:14:57 PDT 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:54:38 -0500
Randy Collier <randycollier.tx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where and when is the meeting?

Our meetings have been on the second Thursday of each month (this
Thursday, actually). We normally meet at the cPanel offices, 3131 W.
Alabama at 7pm.

I'll give full details in the meeting announcement.

G. Wade

> Take care
> Randy Collier
>

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Since we haven't had any definite answers on the meeting this
> > Thursday, I've decided to cobble together the following (unless
> > someone suggests something else).
> >
> > The meeting will be in two parts:
> >
> > 1. Hack-a-thon:
> >    * If you've got something you are working on and you could use
> > some help, bring it.
> >    * If you are willing to help someone work on their project come
> > on.
> >
> > 2. Perl help session
> >    * Focused on people learning Perl who are having trouble moving
> >      forward.
> >    * Part tips/tricks/traps, part answering questions.
> >
> > I'll run the second part on one side of the room. Anyone who would
> > like to join, either to help or to learn is welcome.
> >
> > If I don't hear any other ideas, I'll announce this on Tuesday.
> >
> > G. Wade
> > --
> > You write code as if the person who will maintain your code is a
> > violent psychopath who knows where you live.               -- John

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the
Internet, we know this is not true.         -- Robert Wilensky, UCB