[pm-h] CPAN adoption list

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Wed Oct 30 08:01:04 PDT 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:18:55 -0700 (PDT)
"Michael R. Davis" <mrdvt92 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

If you want someone to join as co-maintainer but keep ownership or you
want to have some say in whether or not someone takes over, you add the
special user ADOPTME as a co-maintainer of the module.

If you want someone to take over and are willing to have the PAUSE
admins turn it over without you, add the special user HANDOFF as a
co-maintainer of the module.

G. Wade

> Most of the packages up for adoption most likely need to be
> re-written as wrappers of supported packages.  Like File-Slurp should
> most likely be re-released as wrapper for Path::Class::File->slurp or
> any of the other 20 slurp packages.
>
> However, I  tried to adopt HTML-CalendarMonthSimple but never did get
> it done officially. So, my release is flagged as "** UNAUTHORIZED
> RELEASE **"
>
> Mike

The closer you get to the truth, the messier your sentence gets.
                                                      -- Paul Graham