[pm-h] is cross-posting a sin?

rlharris at oplink.net rlharris at oplink.net
Fri Nov 22 08:34:13 PST 2013

There have been no responses to my posting of a day or two ago, regarding
downloading a mail backlog from a POP3 server to a single maildir on my
desktop computer.

I would like to read and sort the messages off-line, but I do not know
enough Perl to retrieve messages one at a time from a maildir.  And my
understanding of mail protocols is imperfect:
Would such a download destroy information (such as message numbers, which
can be used to cull duplicate messages) vital to subsequent sorting of
messages?

Would it be poor etiquette to post the same inquiry to the PerlMonks web
site?

RLH