[pm-h] easy prep for Redis work queue demo tonight

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 08:43:11 PDT 2013

I am leaving little to chance and demo'ing things using a Vagrant
multi-machine set up that anyone can use to set up the demo environment on
their own machine.

All the code is in github:

https://github.com/estrabd/houston-pm-redis-talk

The demo will require you install VirtualBox and Vagrant, after that follow
the instructions in the README.md; so this is a demo of Vagrant as much as
it is Redis :).

You'll find a functional Queue client library, a basic test suite, and 3
examples of use.

The library is good enough for tonight's talk. If it's found to be useful
or gains some interest, I can clean it up, write some POD, and wrap it up
into a CPAN module for easy installation. It might be a good basis for
others to get started.

The slides will be in Google Docs, and I'll have those ready for this
evening.

If you try it out and find problems before then, please let me know. I
don't plan on changing anything until after tonight unless it impedes
others running the demo themselves.

Thank you,
Brett