[pm-h] ode blogging (perl script)

Zakariyya Mughal zaki.mughal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:41:05 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-10 at 16:25:48 +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Ode assumes that the blogger is going to use his normal text editor to
> produce plain text, then allow ode to utilize "markdown" to convert
> plain-text to HTML.  However, ode allows the direct import of HTML.

I use ikiwiki on my site with markdown which updates the HTML output
using a repository hook whenever I push to the repository.

> My intention is to write posts in LaTeX markup (which is how I write
> everything nowadays) and convert from LaTeX to HTML for the blog.
> Several years ago, I was using HeVeA to convert LaTeX to HTML, but
> with the advent of HTML5 and CSS, that may not be practical today.

I was able to use ikiwiki with a plugin for LaTeX that generates HTML
using TeX4ht which worked pretty well for uploading notes with many
equations <http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/tex4ht/>. TeX4ht's output
can be configured, but I haven't had any reason to do so yet.