[pm-h] Qore talk slides

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:39:52 PDT 2011

I updated the slides a bit. I added something in the possible
talk/discussion section.

Because the regex example is valid in both Perl and Qore, I came up
with something called the "Perqore" challenge (based on 'parkour') -
the challenge is simply to write code that is valid in both Perl and
Qore.

I can't think of what it's called, but it'd almost be like when you
try to have a single file that combines different programming
languages, but is valid in all of them - e.g., hiding some of language
X inside of what looks like a comment block to language Y. I've seen
examples that combine 4 or more languages. I just can't find them atm.

For Perl/Qore, it's a little different. You'll probably end up molding
Perl to accept Qore's quirks rather than the other way around. So,
there's no real hiding of code.

IDK, just something to keep you busy....if anyone decides to accept
such a challenge, it might make for an interesting lightning talk.

Brett