[pm-h] Qore 0.8.3 now in FreeBSD ports

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:05:13 PST 2011

In case anyone is interested, I they finally committed my Ports update
for lang/qore; so it's up to 0.8.3.

	http://www.freshports.org/lang/qore/

Qore 0.8.3 change log:

	http://www.qore.org/release-notes-mainmenu-17/184-qore-083-release-notes

Note, however, the Ports version jumped from 0.8.0 to 0.8.3, so:

	http://www.qore.org/release-notes-mainmenu-17/180-qore-082-release-notes
	http://www.qore.org/release-notes-mainmenu-17/171-qore-081-release-notes

None of the Qore modules are in FBSD Ports and I don't intend on
creating them, so if you find Qore on FreeBSD useful, you might want
to think about creating the port(s) yourself. It's not that difficult
and usually a pretty enjoyable exercise.

It and all of its modules are in MacPorts, but I don't maintain that one -

	http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=Qore

To see the full list of ways to get Qore on your boxen, look at their
downloads page:

	http://www.qore.org/downloads-mainmenu-15

And if you're wondering what the heck Qore has to do with Perl, please see
the intro talk I gave in September:

	http://houston.pm.org/talks/2011talks/1109Talk/index.html

Thank you,
Brett