[pm-h] Houston.pm November meeting with brian d foy

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Nov 6 11:43:02 PST 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:16:26 -0600
Will Willis <will.willis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be there. Do you know if brian has decided on a topic yet?

He's busy getting another Perl book out the door, so I haven't been
able to get a commitment on the topic. But, I'll keep the group posted
as soon as I know.

G. Wade

> On Nov 5, 2011 9:01 PM, "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej at anomaly.org> wrote:
>
> > Note that the meeting this month is on Thursday, Nov. 17, which is
> > the third Thursday of November. In December, we will return to our
> > regular schedule.
> >
> > We have an unusual opportunity this month to have brian d foy talk
> > to the group. Many of you will recognize brian's name as the author
> > of several Perl books, including "Learning Perl", "Intermediate
> > Perl", "Mastering Perl", and "Effective Perl Programming". He also
> > published "The Perl Review". He has consulted and trained in Perl
> > as a partner at Stonehenge consulting.
> >
> > Since he is only in town for a couple of days in the third week of
> > November we are delaying the meeting by a week. This is a chance to
> > hear a real expert in Perl speak, and you don't want to miss it.
> >
> > Although we always request that you RSVP if you plan to be there,
> > this time we may be packed. Let us know as soon as possible, if you
> > plan to attend.
> >
> > As always, we will meet in the lobby at 3131 W. Alabama between 6:40
> > and 7pm. At which point we will go upstairs to the meeting. If you
> > arrive later than that, there is a phone in the lobby area that
> > calls the cPanel tech support team. They can get a message to us to
> > come get you.
> >
> > G. Wade
> > --
> > Systems develop goals of their own the instant they come into being.
> >                                                        -- John Gall

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how
smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.
                                                  -- Richard Feynman